Sunday, January 25, 2009

I miss you, Dad


My father passed away on Dec 24th, 2008 in his way to hospital to get medical help. Before he reached hospital, Allah SWT took him away. "Innaa lillahi wa Inna lillah Raaji'uun". Alhamdulillah my two sisters were always in his side, especially at critical moment. Alhamdulillah he was able to say "Laa Ilaaha Illallaahu", "there is no god but Allah" at his last breath.

May Allah SWT forgive all his sins, accept all his good deeds, place him in the highes level of Jannah, and expand and shine his graveyard. May Allah protect him from the torture of the grave and the hell fire. Amiin.

My Wonderful Dad
By: ASWITA TAIZIR



Father....
Since you have been gone...
My life has changed....
My life can never be the same again...
I will not see you again....
I will not laugh with you again...
I will not joke with you again....
I will not speak with you again on the phone...
I will not ..........

Four months ago.....
I still met you....
I saw you smiling......
I saw you enjoying life....
I saw you made a joke with my husband....
I saw you laughing happily.......
I saw you asking about where is mother (umak)......

Father.....
I miss you so much....
When I went home a month ago.....
I already felt the different......
When I entered the house .......
I did not see you there......
I did not see you smiling.......
I did not see you joking with anyone...
I did not see you laughing happily.....
I did not see you eating your favorite food...
I did not hear your voice asking for mom....
I did not hear you asking me when I arrive.....

But father........
I saw your grave in stead.......
My heart trembled inside......
My tears came down like a small stream.....
My hands touched your grave.......
Feeling that you are really there......
Between belief or not....
That you are really gone.....

Father......
It does not matter......
How far you are now at the distance....
My heart is always with you.....
Praying for you......
Asking Allah's forgiveness upon you...
Asking Allah's mercy for your mistakes.....
As you know ....
Nobody is perfect.......

Father.....
You were a wonderful father
I will make du'as for you....
as you did when you were alive....
Asking Allah to give you barakah in Maqbarah....
May Allah accept your du'as......
To have a happy life in Barzah......
And eternal life in Jannah......
Amiiiin....

Good Bye father....
I'll always miss you......

Mineola, January 25, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment